My riding buddies Larry C. and Larry T. ride the Trail of Tears motorcycle ride every September and I try to join them on the second night of the ride in Hot Springs, Arkansas. I have ridden to meet my riding buddies in Hot Springs several times before but this was the first time Janet rode with me. Before this trip was over it would be many firsts for Janet.
- The first time to ride in a large group (250+ bikes)
- The first time riding in rain
- The first time riding in strong wind
- The first time to ride the last leg of the Trail of Tears Motorcycle ride
This year Larry C. was having back problems and wasn’t able to make the ride… Bummer… Larry wanted to chance it but all involved convinced him to sit this one out. The up side is that Larry T.’s wife Shirley rode with Larry. Shirley is always fun to ride with…
The Trail of Tears motorcycle ride starts in Chattanooga, Tennessee and goes to the trail’s end. The second leg of the ride ends in Hot Springs. The last leg continues the next day and ends somewhere in Oklahoma. This year it was ending in Okmulgee, Oklahoma. We will ride the last leg and from there we will continue on to the Palo Duro Canyon in Texas.
Come follow along and enjoy as we ride our 7 day, 1691 mile ride. Checkout the other days of our ride by clicking on the links below.
- Day 1 & 2:Trail of Tears and Palo Duro Canyon Motorcycle Ride September 2006
- Day 3 Trail of Tears and Palo Duro Canyon Motorcycle Ride September 2006
- Day 4 Trail of Tears and Palo Duro Canyon Motorcycle Ride September 2006
- Day 5 Palo Duro Canyon Motorcycle Ride September 2006
- Day 6 & 7 – Trail of Tears and Palo Duro Canyon Motorcycle Ride September 2006
While you are here, you may like these post, too…
- Our First Motorcycle Ride to Big Bend
- Big Bend Ride 2007
- Big Bend/Carlsbad Cavern Ride 2009
- Riding Information on Big Bend Area of Texas
- Tips on Long Distance Touring
- Riding Fit… Riding Smart
- Getting the Wife to Ride
Come follow along as we explore more scenic vista’s in Texas…
Ride safe and I hope we see you down the road somewhere…